SEO for Man and Van London
The Man and Van sector in London is perfect for investment & a SEO consultant/search engine optimization services expert partnership for a multitude of reasons:
- Young professionals who utilize the man and van services are mass users of digital technology to an inordinate degree.
- Urban mini-moves are a reality of the London property boom of the last 3 years. A sensibly priced (read high value), conveniently insured, Man and Van removal & storage service on a flexible basis is a service in high demand by London’s many economically active non-drivers & will be for some time to come.
- Whilst there are many Man and Van companies in London – there are precious few of any genuine major players in the Man and Van London space online – its a sector that is simply there for the taking from an SEO perspective.
- Whilst the search engine market for Man and Van services is quantifiable – the expected growth in the sector can only be speculated upon. Here is my best estimation of how the sector will mature in the next 3-5 years:If roughly 8,630,000 people live in London in around 3,300,000 households (homes) & 1 in 4.5 households move in a given 12 month period – then there are 733,333 household moves in a given year in London. If we assume for convenience sake that as many people are moving into London as are moving out of London (to other UK cities or wherever) then this figure of 733,333 household moves can be monetized as a loose market size of all moves. Clearly Man and Van services will never represent the entire removals market in London – traditional moving houses & van lines will always play their part. Let’s speculate that a peak incidence of these micro-moves facilitated by a Man and Van operation would be 35% of all London moves in a calendar year. That’s 35% of 733,333 or 256,667 moves.Let’s assume the average Man and Van move costs around £115 all told. That means a mature market size for the industry of £29,516,653 per annum. If we expected the market leader to be taking in 21% of that – we could reasonably expect the bigger player in the Man and Van marketplace to be doing £6,198,497.18 in revenue per annum at full maturation of the marketplace.
- The value of being number 1 currently across the board organically on the top 83 search terms in the man and van sector is over £1,800,000.00 annually (see below). The formula I use to calculate the Annual Value of Being #1 on Google UK is Monthly Searches*Estimated Cost Per Click on Adwords*Click Through Rate of #1*12.
|Search Term(s)||Annual Value of Being @ #1 on Google UK is Over|
|man with a van, removals london||£150,000|
|man and van, storage london, man and van london||£100,000|
|van hire london, man with a van london, removal companies london, london removals, van rental||£50,000|
|man with van, cheap van hire, rent a van||£30,000|
|man with van london, cheap storage london, man and van hire, removal van hire, hire a van||£20,000|
|man and a van; man and a van london; van rental london||£15,000|
|rent a van london; man and van hire london; man van london||£10,000|
|van man; van and man hire; london man and van; cheap removals; man in a van; man and van croydon; cheap van hire london; van and man; van hire uk; man with a van brighton; removal van london; man van; london van hire; van hire north london; man and van battersea; moving van hire; london moving company; man and van west london||£5,000|
|cheap removals london; hire van; man and van wimbledon; man and van ealing; man and van oxford; man and van reading; van hire croydon; cheap storage in london; man in a van london; man and van brighton; moving van london; man and van in london; van and man london; van hire east london; hire a van london; a man with a van; man and van removals; man and van east london||£4,000|
|manandvan; removal and storage; man and van milton keynes; man with a van oxford; cheap van rental; man & van; man and van hounslow; man and van guildford; man and van services; cheap man and van london; manwithavan; man and van north london; man and van crawley; removal van hire london; storage company london; van for hire; vanman; man and van clapham; man and van london cheap; man and van south london; hire van london; van with man||£3,000|
|Total Annual Worth of Being #1||£1,830,511.10|
Booking operators to handle quotes, queries & complications would also be employed. Other high end option for a man and van company might include a dedicated office manager to make sure drivers are punctual. An accounts department for billing, VAT invoices & receipts for business users of Man and Van services would also be most useful but could be added into the mix as the Man and Van services business gathers online traction. Parking costs and Congestion Charge are also added to the customers bill should they occur. The clock runs from when the driver arrives & ends at the point final payment is made (in cash). Traffic fines can be deducted from Man and Van drivers wages should they become persistent offenders in this regard.
Man and Van Driver’s Wages
The average pay for a Van Driver is £7.54 per hour. Pay for this job does not change much by experience, with the most experienced earning only a bit more than the least. People in this job generally don’t have more than 20 years’ experience.
|Salaries by Van Driver Job Type|
|LGV Class 1 Driver||£26,406|
|LGV 1 Driver||£20,536|
|HGV 1 Driver||£31,787|
|HGV Class 1 Driver||£26,406|
|Class 1 Driver||£28,362|
|HGV Class 2 Driver||£19,000|
|LGV 2 Driver||£16,622|
|HGV 2 Driver||£20,536|
Drivers would need to be recruited of high caliber so as to swell brand equity & customer satisfaction. Expansion to a nationwide Man and Van service could be considered once London & the home counties have established a firm digital footprint via high organic search rankings.
Man and Van Services
Would need to offer
• Open 7 days a week. Offer short notice periods but be both reliable and punctual.
• Cost as little as £35.00 p/h.
• Equipped with GPS.
• No hidden costs.
• Offer free, quick & easy quotes.
• Professional services with experienced drivers.
Other services closely aligned to Man and Van services include:
- London Removals
- National Removals
- London Storage
- Cleaning & Rubbish Disposal
- Office Relocation
- Container Storage London
- Cheap Self-Storage
- Crate Hire
A removal quotes service is another possible avenue to exploit the money changing hands in this sector. The usage of members of the British Association of Removers (BAR) would allow for higher quality vetting of potential removal & even man and van companies for this purpose. BAR insist that all of their members do the following:
Employ trained and qualified staff
Operate from licensed commercial premises
Offer licensed legal vehicles
Submit to arbitration and conciliation once a complaint is registered against you.
Give fixed price quotations
Comply with regulatory standards
If you are a BAR registered removals or Man and Van company in the UK and would like to talk about either investing, a partnership with an SEO or other participation on SEO Expertise & a potential removal quotes service feel free to contact Matt.
Competitors in the Man and Van/Removals Space
If ever an organic search market in the First World was there for the taking – this is it…
Rogers Removals Page Rank 3 & the 34,446th most visited website in the United Kingdom.
London Man Van Page Rank 1 & the 150,148th most visited website in the United Kingdom.
Top Removals Page Rank 0 & the 1,769,971st most visited website in the World.
Man and Van London Page Rank 2 & the 2,686,370th most visited website in the World.
Man and Van UK Page Rank 0 & the 3,068,091st most visited website in the World.
Aussie Group Page Rank 0 & the 3,996,146th most visited website in the World.
Aussie Removals Page Rank 3 & the 5,318,771st most visited website in the World.
Movers Not Shakers Page Rank 0 & the 8,051,979th most visited website in the World.
Van Man in London Page Rank 2 & the 8,613,408th most visited website in the World.
Dulwich Removals Page Rank 0
Where then to Target Man and Van Services in London?
Instinctively, population density seems a solid place to start – more people per unit of area should – on average – mean more need to move in & out of those areas. Here then are London’s various Wards by Population Density:
|Ward of London||Population per square Kilometre Greater Than…|
|Harrow Road, Queen’s Park, Lancaster Gate, Green Street East, Colville, Addison, King’s Cross, Bayswater, Earl’s Court, Cazenove||20,000|
|North End, Chaucer, Westbourne, Hoxton, Weavers, Green Street West, Ferndale, Tachbrook||19,000|
|Courtfield, Whitechapel, Askew, Newington, Kilburn, Spitalfields and Banglatown, Bromley-by-Bow, Stoke Newington Central, Clissold, Kilburn, Mile End and Globe Town||18,000|
|Bethnal Green North, Munster, Boleyn, Peckham, Stockwell, Bryanston and Dorset Square, Town, Haverstock, Little Venice, Churchill, Fulham Broadway, Dalston, Bethnal Green South, Victoria, De Beauvoir, Warwick, Grove Green, Abingdon||17,000|
|Larkhall, Hackney Central, St. Dunstan’s and Stepney Green, Finsbury Park, Cann Hall, Gospel Oak, Shadwell, Queen’s Gate, Cantelowes, Tollington, Belsize, Camberwell Green, Mildmay, Maida Vale, St. Peter’s, Bruce Grove, Plaistow North, Hans Town, Holloway, Brownswood, Tulse Hill, Pembridge, East Ham North, Harlesden, Notting Barns, Barnsbury, East Ham Central, Graveney, Canonbury, St. George’s, Chatham, Bunhill, Vincent Square, Shaftesbury, Forest Gate South, Wormholt and White City, Highbury West||15,000|
|Limehouse, Hillrise, Faraday, South Bermondsey, New River, Brixton Hill, St. Ann’s, Latchmere, Grange, Brunswick Park, Coldharbour, St. Mary’s, Mile End East, Avonmore and Brook Green, West Hampstead, Hyde Park, Gascoigne, Vassall, William Morris, Loxford, Leabridge, St. Charles, East India and Lansbury, Cremorne, Kentish Town, Springfield, Kensal Green, Redcliffe, Queensbridge, Fulham Reach, Clementswood, Hoe Street, Forest Gate North, Clapham Town, Prince’s, Clerkenwell, Hackney Downs, Caledonian, Oval, Thornton, Seven Sisters, Junction, Cathall, Riverside, Balham, Stanley, Hornsey, St. Mary’s Park, Haggerston, East Dulwich, Nightingale, Shepherd’s Bush Green, Plaistow South, East Walworth, Highbury East, West Ham, Parsons Green and Walham, Fortune Green, Norland||12,000|
Another possible method to isolate what would be the best area to focus Man and Van service operations from in London might be gross population per Borough:
|Boroughs||Population Greater Than..|
|Ealing, Newham & Brent||325,000|
|Wandsworth, Enfield, Lambeth, Bromley & Southwark||300,000|
|Lewisham, Redbridge, Hillingdon, Tower Hamlets, Greenwich, Waltham Forest, Haringey, Hounslow, Hackney, Havering||250,000|
|Harrow, Bexley, Westminster, Camden, Islington, Merton, Barking and Dagenham||200,000|
|Sutton, Richmond upon Thames, Hammersmith and Fulham, Kingston upon Thames, Kensington and Chelsea||150,000|