WP Super Cache Plugin
Plugin has over 1 million active installations on WordPress. There are many users who use this plugin to speed up their sites. This plugin generates static html files from your dynamic WordPress blog.
If your site is hosted on a really less bandwidth or underpowered, I highly recommend you to use this plugin as this servers better to quickly load static files.
- This plugin offers legacy caching. Means, loads your web pages faster even for those visitors who are not logged into your sites.
- All the cached statis files are served by PHP which improves your loading times.
- Automatically compress pages.
- Also supports CDN network.
- Again, there are a lot of settings you need to go through if you want to fully use the functionalities of this plugin.
W3 Total Cache Plugin
W3 total cache is one of the widely used caching plugins across the WordPress blogging world. With over 1 million active downloads, this is the top rated (4.3 out of 5 stars) plugin.
This plugin improves your speed by increasing server performance, reducing the download times and providing transparent content delivery network (CDN) integration.
- Browser caching is done.
- Page and object caching is done.
- You can easily minify your databases.
- It will also support a CDN (if you are using one).
- It dramatically improves your overall page speed.
- Making perfect settings using this plugin usually takes time.
- Unless and until you use a CDN, you can’t see much difference in your website speed. So install one to get more benefits.